Image: UNFCCC 25th Anniversary: Climate Action is More Urgent than Ever
Sun, not C02, driving "Climate Change"?
A geologist says it is and that it's going to get colder.
Scaring the little kiddies is a cagey, though ultimately cruel, move on the part of the CO2 preachers. Sales of cell phones and all things plastic will increase, ending up on the ocean floor, poisoning the fish, along with sunscreen (very popular and expensive but harmful to sea-life), and, funnest of all, they'll get lots of days off school and be praised for hollering to their hearts' content.
A few of them may actually love Mother Earth enough that they will want to study to be geologists, and then they might feel somewhat embarrassed and a whole lot duped.
What is Geology and why might geologists be excluded from the Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)? Could it be because they blaspheme the religiosity of CO2?
Here's the latest announcement of the IPCC:
Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 °C
The UNFCCC is the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Oh, so that bit about "efforts to eradicate poverty" was just window-dressing?
Presumably, the acronym for "Parties to the Convention" is PTTC -- or PALR in French, and VDU in German ...
There are so many acronyms being tossed around nowadays that I actually have to keep a running definition list for them on my desktop!
"Dangerous human interference" may well refer to Geologists, who are "the very scientists most qualified to speak on climate change," says Dr. Roger Higgs:
ResearchGate: IPCC Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change next report ... 784 authors, yes 784, but again NO geologists!
Dr. Higgs links us to his "technical note" in which he provides "25 simple bullet points proving CO2 does not cause global warming", but I've decided to reproduce the list here so that I can highlight the parts I found especially interesting. He titles it:
1) Geologists know climate change unrelated to atmospheric CO2 occurred throughout Earth’s 4.5-billion-year history. Yet the IPCC (United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has no geologist s among the hundreds of appointed authors of its Fifth Assessment Report of 2014 and its Sixth Report due in 2022 (see my Technical Note 2019-10). Thus IPCC incredibly lacks both geological input and long-term perspective.
2) IPCC’s very existence relies on public belief in manmade or ‘anthropogenic’ global warming (AGW) by CO2 emissions. Moreover its appointed authors, mostly government and university researchers, are nearly all biased by strong vested interests in AGW, i.e. reputations (publications, lectures) & continuance of salaries & research grants. Similarly, major universities have abandoned their scientific impartiality & integrity by hosting research institutes mandated to confirm & act on AGW, e.g. Grantham Institute (Imperial College), Tyndall Centre.
3) The often-repeated ‘97% consensus among scientists that global warming is man’s fault’ (CO2 emissions) is untrue. It refers in fact to surveys of just a relatively small group of ‘climate scientists’ (a fairly new type of scientist, with strong incentives for bias; see Bullets 2 & 15), moreover only those who are ‘actively publishing’.
4) ‘Climate change denier’ & ‘global warming denier’ are despicable & dishonest terms for ‘AGW doubters’. No educated person disputes global warming, as thermometers measured 1°C rise from 1850 to 2016 (with pauses).
5) The ‘Greenhouse Hypothesis’, on which IPCC’s belief in AGW is based, is that atmospheric gases trap heat. But this old (19th century) notion is merely an idea, not a hypothesis, because it is untestable, impossible to prove in a laboratory as no experimental container can imitate Earth’s uncontained, well-mixed atmosphere.
6) IPCC computer models are so full of assumptions as to be extremely unreliable, e.g. forecast warming for 1995 to 2015 turned out to be 2-3 times too high ! A likely reason is that the greenhouse idea is nonsense, as explained in recent publications by several scientists. See Bullet 19 for an equally drastic failure of IPCC models. See also
7) For about 75% of the last 550 million years, CO2 was 2 to 15 times higher than now. Evolution flourished, CO2 enabling plant photosynthesis, the basis of all life. Extinction events due to overheating by CO2 are unknown.
8) Through the last 12,000 years (our current Holocene interglacial period), CO2 was a mere 250 to 290 ppm (parts per million), near plant-starvation level, until about 1850 when industrial CO2 emissions began, making CO2 climb steeply. Nevertheless CO2 today it is still only 412ppm, i.e. under half of one-tenth of 1% of our atmosphere.
9) Until man began adding CO2 about 1850, warming (determined from ‘proxies’ like tree rings) since the 1600AD Little Ice Age peak was accompanied by slowly rising CO2 (measured in ice cores). A simple explanation is CO2 release by ocean water, whose CO2-holding capacity decreases upon warming.
10) Supporting this sign that CO2 is a consequence, not cause, of global warming, a published study of 1980-2011 measurements showed that changes in warming rate precede changes in CO2’s growth rate, by about a year.
11) Since the 1850 start of man’s additions, CO2’s rise has generally accelerated, without reversals. In stark contrast, the post-1850 to present-day continuance of warming out of the Little Ice Age was interrupted by frequent small coolings of 1-3 years (some relatable to ‘volcanic winters’), plus two 30-year coolings (1878 to 1910, 1944 to 1976), and the famous 1998 to 2013 ‘global-warming pause’ or ‘hiatus’ (Wiki).
12) This unsteady modern warming instead resembles the unsteady rise of the sun’s magnetic output from 1901 toward a rare solar ‘Grand Maximum’ peaking in 1991, the first in 1700 years !
13) Modern warming reached a peak in February 2016. Since then, Earth has cooled for 3 years (now April 2019).
14) The ‘Svensmark Theory’ says increased solar magnetic flux warms Earth by deflecting cosmic rays, thus reducing cloudiness, allowing more of the sun’s warmth to heat the land and ocean instead of being reflected. In support, a NASA study of satellite data spanning 32 years (1979-2011) showed decreasing cloud cover.
15) Vociferous IPCC-involved climate scientist Dr Stefan Rahmstorf (Wiki) of the German government’s Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, recipient of a US$1 million personal research grant from a private foundation, wrongly said in his 2008 article ‘Anthropogenic Climate Change’: "there is no viable alternative ... [to CO2 as driver of modern warming from 1940 to 2005 because] ... different authors agree that solar activity did not significantly increase” during that period. Yet nine years earlier, in 1999, famous physicist Dr Michael Lockwood (Wiki; FRS) wrote, in ‘A Doubling of the Sun’s Coronal Magnetic Field During the Past 100 Years’, published in prestigious Nature journal: "the total magnetic flux leaving the Sun has risen by a factor of 1.4 since 1964” and 2.3 since 1901 !! See for yourselves the striking overall 1964-91 climb in solar-magnetic output, recorded by the strong overall fall in detected neutrons (proportional to cosmic rays), in graph 3 here...
16) Lockwood showed averaged solar magnetic flux increased 230% from 1901 to 1995, i.e. more than doubled ! The final peak value was 5 times the starting minimum value ! Bullets 17 & 18 likewise back Svensmark’s theory...
17) ... after the previous solar Grand Maximum (4th century, long before industrial CO2), in the next decades Earth warmed to near or above today’s temperature. Then ‘sawtooth’ cooling proceeded, through the Dark Ages and ‘Medieval Warm Period’, into the Little Ice Age, paralleling a 1,000-year unsteady solar decline; and ...
18) ... before that, between 8000 and 2000BC, Earth was occasionally warmer than today for hundreds if not thousands of years, as shown by tree rings, shrunken glaciers, etc.. Then unsteady cooling from 3000BC into the Little Ice Age paralleled unsteady solar decline following the Holocene’s ‘super-Grand’ Maximum near 3000BC.
19) This 4,500-year cooling contradicts IPCC computer models that instead predict warming by the simultaneous (slow) rise in CO2. This is the ‘The Holocene Temperature Conundrum’ of Liu et al. (2014). See also Bullet 6.
20) Embarrassingly for AGW promoters, the 8000-2000BC warm interval (Bullet 18) was already, ironically, named the ‘Holocene Climatic Optimum’, before today’s CO2/AGW hysteria began. The warmth probably benefitted human social development. Indeed, it was cold episodes, bringing drought and famine, that ended civilisations.
21) Cross-correlating post-1880 graphs of solar-magnetic flux versus Earth’s temperature suggests a 25-year time-lag, such that the 2016 peak temperature corresponds to the 1991 solar peak. The lag is probably due to the ocean’s high thermal inertia due to its enormous volume and high heat capacity, hence slow response to warming.
22) IPCC, ignoring the possibility of such a time-lag, claims that simultaneous global warming (until 2016) and solar weakening (since 1991) must mean that warming is driven by CO2 !
23) The last interglacial period about 100,000 years ago was warmer than our Holocene interglacial. Humans and polar bears survived ! CO2 was then about 275ppm, i.e. lower than now (Bullet 8).
24) The simultaneous rise of temperature & CO2 is a ‘spurious correlation’. Warming’s real cause was a solar build-up to a rare Grand Maximum, which man’s industrialisation accompanied by chance. So IPCC demonising CO2 as a ‘pollutant’ is a colossal blunder, costing trillions of dollars in needless & ineffectual efforts to reduce it.
25) Global cooling now in progress since February 2016 can be predicted to last at least 28 years (i.e. to 2044), matching the sun’s 28-year decline from 1991 to today, and allowing for the 25-year time-lag (Bullet 21).
It would certainly seem to be, as Dr. Higgs says, an "inescapable conclusion that the "IPCC is wrong − the sun, not CO2, drove modern global warming".
Well, there you go.
But let's all pay more for lighting and heating and buy electric cars anyway, because that will, as Trudeau repeats ad nauseum, "grow the economy".
You may also want to peruse another author's refutation of the IPCC stance; this one being a meteorologist:
A Fatal Flaw in Global Warming Science
Why Good People OBEY Harmful Mandates
* * * * * * * *
----> NEW Jan 26
Police on Guard: Support Constable Erin Howard VIDEO LINK
Erin Howard on Twitter 24/01 VIDEO LINK
TRUCKER ROUTES 💕
Thanks to Reader M.R. LINK
Trucker Convoy at Emerson, Manitoba border. LINK Trucker grilled at Windsor crossing; fights back. LINK
Trucker vaccine mandate hurting fragile lumber supply chain
Laura Lynn Thompson Reads the Riot Act to Churches + Revolt of the Truckers! LINK
U of Waterloo fights back against "Covid" mandates. LINK
CHYCHO: "Why Would the Elites Depopulate the World?" LINK
* COVID CRIBSHEET
-- 30 facts -- LINK
* COVID KID FACTS
10 Important Points LINK
* CANADA: Taking Back Our Freedom: 7 Need-To-Know Facts LINK
Canada’s Covid Vaxx Hazard Report - Week Ending 12/31/21 LINK
SEE MORE HERE:
* * * * * * * *
Sunday Report #8: 23/01/22
Future Headline: Jails Overwhelmed.
Sunday Report #7: 16/01/22
So Many Ways to Kill a Cat
Sunday Report #6: 09/01/22
Covid on a Rampage or Vaccines Destroying Immunity?
Photo by Brian O'Connor, North Bay
QUOTE of the MONTH:
The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything. Frank Sinatra
*** NOTICES ***
** Hassan Diab **
France Sets April 23 Trial Date! Read what you can do to help Hassan Diab. LINK
PETITION: Stop CDN gov't funding of groups that glorify Nazi collaborators - LINK + More Info
"THE LIGHT" Paper LINK
DRUTHERS: If I had my druthers, we all would know the truth - LINK
Mounties for Freedom LINK
Ontario Civil Liberties Assoc.- OCLA LINK
LEADING CAUSES OF DEATHS IN CANADA
WorldAtlas - LINK
50 Yrs of Failed Predictions
* DR. ROGER HIGGS *
PROJECT LOG: LINK
HASSAN DIAB LINK
+ More than 110 CDN Jurists Demand Justice for Hassan Diab LINK
JUSTICE FOR MOHAMED HARKAT
PETITION: Stop Moe Harkat’s deportation to torture LINK
Will We Allow Canada To Deport Mohamed Harkat To Torture? ... HuffPost
The True North Not So Free ... YYC:
Moe needs help with his legal costs. Visit here to donate online.
FREE ASSANGE! Read: CounterCurrents
Watch: UK Column
Jewish Voice for Peace:
Israel Palestine Conflict 101
PCHR: Palestinian Centre for Human Rights LINK
IMEMC News: Settlers Storm Village near Nablus LINK
451 settler attacks against Palestinians since early 2020 LINK
Palestine Photo Project